One Voice provides and facilitates support for migrants who are victims of sexual abuse, labour exploitation, and in severe distress. The team helps migrants navigate through bureaucratic processes to help them resolve issues. Specific supports provided include:
- emotional and practical support;
- helping individuals access counselling services, legal services, immigration services; and
- representing students in dispute resolution hearings.
One Voice Canada has collaborated with organizations for special initiatives. This includes an international student food bank during the Covid pandemic with the support of Guru Nanak’s Free Kitchen. Also, the South Asian Youth Mental Health Ambassador Program to provide Mental Health First Aid with the support of the South Asian Mental Health Alliance (SAMHAA).
One Voice conducts information seminars to raise awareness among international students about key issues that include:
- how international students are being victimized;
- the rights and protections provided to residents of Canada; and
- the various types off support that is available from the non-profit sector.